Outbound sales is a large scale business. The conventional way to get an outbound sales is by a sales rep talking to a potential customer through phones. Sure, the marketing strategies such as promotional flyers, emails, and presentations have their own role to play but what closing the deal is a one-on-one conversation. The tactics used by sales executives and the way he/she pitches is what makes or breaks the deal.
However, with time and technology, the process has become less redundant, cost-effective and more efficient with the help of tools. Now the calling processes are mostly done using internet-based systems.
Therefore, every company works on two different systems: One is CRM or customer relationship management and the other is CTI or Computer Telephony Integration. CRM is to track, examine and document the sales process and to make calls to pitch the potential customers comes under CTI.
Whether it is a multi-million company or a startup, Salesforce is the popular platform used to track leads and analyze them. What if now you get to know Salesforce can also let you make phone calls using the same system? Yes, that’s true. Since its inception two-three years ago, Salesforce CTI has been widely accepted.
What Is CTI?
CTI is a process wherein your computer systems and phone systems are tied together. The procedure helps you to improve services and sales. Some of them are:
- Detecting and routing incoming calls to the appropriate person or department.
- Allows Agents to click-to-dial
- Logging, tracking and storing calls for quality assurance.
- Track and measure important performance indicators including call drop percentage, handle time and more.
- Provides Sales agents with information on callers including their account or call history.
- Calls using VoIP with the help of a softphone dial-pad into your Salesforce interface.
Incorporating CTI systems with salesforce can be a tough task and till now, there is no easy way to integrate them together. To incorporate, understanding of Salesforce and CTI is required along with some coding around it.
Let’s discuss the ways how can we integrate CTI systems with Salesforce
Commonly, there are two ways to do it:
- CTI Integration Using Open CTI Tools
- CTI Integration Using Telephony Service Provider APIs
In this post, we will discuss CTI integration using Open CTI tools as it is the most frequently used method.
CTI Integration Using Open CTI Tools
Salesforce Open CTI is an open-source Computer Telephony Integration tool. It is also named as Salesforce CRM Call Center. It enables you to incorporate third-party CTI systems. Unlike the older method, i.e., CTI Integration Using Telephony Service Provider APIs, for Salesforce Open CTI, you don’t have to download service provider-specific adapters, so no trouble in adapting cloud architecture.
Open CTI utilizes browsers as clients, therefore the developers are free to use cloud architectures.
The Salesforce CTI Tool enables Salesforce developers to:
- Develop CTI systems that incorporates with Salesforce, without CTI adapters.
- Build personalized softphones integrated with Salesforce and Salesforce console.
- CTI systems which are compatible with various browsers and platforms.
What Should You Be Familiar With?
To know your way around CTI integration for Salesforce, you must know about:
- CTI adapters
- Salesforce console
- Visualforce APIs & Salesforce APIs
- Salesforce Open APIs
Benefits Of CTI
One of the major reasons to use CTI is providing help to your sales teams to close more deals, converting potential customers into clients. Along with this, it also enhances customer satisfaction rate. These are not only benefits, check out some more:
- With click-to-dial or automatic dialing, sales executives can make more calls and reach out to more potential customers.
- Information stored in CRM can help them modify the conversation with prospects, converting leads into sales.
- Improves support and service
- Helps in reducing average call handling time
- Increase in number first call resolution rate
Want to get Salesforce Open CTI for your business? If yes, then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you with CTI integration. This, in turn, will help you in increasing sales, improving customer service and provide them better customer services.