The relationship between a company and its customers is dramatically changing in the past few years. Gone are the days when people were used to impressed & got induced to purchase any product or service by merely listening to radio announcements and reading newspaper advertisements.
With time the customers have become smarter, which we refer to as smart buyers.
Thanks to technology like Salesforce that has enabled not only companies to deliver customer-centric solutions but also empowered customers to make wise and well-informed buying decisions.
According to Salesforce, in the absence of a CRM system, 79% of leads never converted to sales. That’s a big thing to concern.
So, today in this blog, you will learn about the best ways of adopting Salesforce technology through which you can experience exponential business growth.
Best Practice Tips To Improve Salesforce CRM Adoption
According to a study published in the Harvard Business Review, 52% of well-performing sales personals are the power users because of their ability to fully leverage their company’s CRM technology.
Therefore, it is quite essential for companies to encourage their workforce to use Salesforce to its full potential.
But, how can you do it if it’s about hiring a Salesforce development company or about choosing the right Salesforce consultants?
Below we have the process down top Salesforce adoption strategies that will ensure your business growth.
Understanding end users
Before you adopt Salesforce technology, it is necessary to do proper market research, wherein you can learn about your end-users and their requirements like, what they need on a CRM to perform their jobs effortlessly.
Going to Salesforce development is not an easy task. Try to get support from the influential senior-level team members, demonstrate Salesforce features, and if they agree, your first half journey will be done.
The second half will start with understanding and learning from your end-users. It is pivotal in Salesforce’s adoption strategy. Show your employees how cloud-computing technology automation can eliminate different kinds of data entry work.
Understand the likes and dislikes of your employees regarding Salesforce, make a proper list, and in this way, you can build personalized Salesforce adoption strategies backed up with the knowledge and driven by proper planning.
Prepare long-term adoption strategies
Understanding and working on the Salesforce CRM technology is not a piece of cake. Thus, you must have a proper long term plan with you before you go for Salesforce implementation service.
Generally, it takes an average of 6 months for a successful Salesforce implementation, but it depends on the size and spread of your company.
There is a proper and ongoing need for support and service post Salesforce migration. Keep in the loop with your employees; understand how much they are comfortable with the new cloud technology. If it requires, do train them again and improve your plan accordingly while keeping close eyes on the overall progress of the migration.
Establishing Salesforce adoption training process
No matter how successful your Salesforce adoption training plan is, you need to understand that your employees cannot master Salesforce working right away. Therefore, it is advisable not to overwhelm them with all-inclusive training.
You can impart training in small parts like imparting them with basic knowledge like the ways to manage individual Salesforce org accounts, navigating through different menus, etc. understand individual’s requirements and prioritize your training accordingly as per their daily duties.
For example, a marketing team is required to build an audience before the launch of any marketing campaign, and the sales team is required to learn the basics of adding and managing leads before they jump into detailed report making.
Once you set the training process, it’s time that you should keep the following things in mind while designing Salesforce adoption strategies:
- The type of training you should give to the workforce such as video-based training, written instruction, walkthrough demos, etc.
- The right set of tools to provide proper training such as AI-powered Chatbots, knowledge wiki, etc.
- The duration of a training session like whether it’s about 30 minutes, how many breaks, duration of breaks in training, etc.
- Clearly defined training stepwise training modules.
- Taking proper and timely training feedback to ensure maximum knowledge retention among the workforce.
Go for pilot run
Until now, you have planned your training, you have imparted knowledge to your workforce on Salesforce implementation, and now it’s time you start with the Salesforce pilot run.
It is wise that you start a Salesforce pilot run with a handful of people. Provide them proper adoption and training material and let them start working on the Salesforce technology.
Next, you can gather feedback to understand the pain points, gaps in the adoption and training process, and other factors that will help you streamline the future Salesforce adoption process.
Continue with Salesforce Onboarding
Every year Salesforce organizes different events where the trailblazer community comes together from across the globe to share and receive knowledge and to know other people from the community.
These events offer the best networking opportunities to know and learn more about the Salesforce world. When employees interact with other people in these events, it gives them the confidence to use and leverage Salesforce.
In this way, you will also be able to drive Salesforce onboarding. It means to keep introducing your employees to new Salesforce updates so that they have the interest to learn something new on a daily basis.
Salesforce launches three updates every year, you can drive those changes, work on the training process, and in this way you can avoid implementation dips.
Some Other Essential Tips To Accelerate Salesforce Adoption for Higher ROI
- Go for in-app Salesforce training by providing your sales and marketing employees training on Salesforce. It will give them on-demand, real-time, contextual help within Salesforce.
- Make a list of the disadvantages of not using Salesforce, share it with your team, and voila! See the magic. It will inspire your employees.
- You can also adopt Salesforce in daily routine tasks. You can do it by chatting with your employees through the Salesforce chatter tool, schedule meetings in the Salesforce calendar, or you can manage all performance reviews through Salesforce dashboards.
- Monitor users’ Salesforce adoption rate, keeping various factors in consideration like user login rates, opportunity creation or updation, chatter usage, open or closed tasks, record creation, and many more.
- Keep tracking the results and actions taken by employees on the Salesforce platform, and you can achieve maximum ROI.
Top Benefits of Using Salesforce for Businesses
Salesforce implementation is an important task for businesses. There are multiple benefits that you can enjoy if you hire Salesforce consultants. Some of the benefits are as follows:
- Assists in managing your company’s data
- Reduces the task of manual data entry
- Improves your email campaigns
- Helps in monitoring progress of ongoing tasks and campaigns
- Helps in simplify your IT assets
- More efficient customer services
- Increases accountability of employees
- Reduces unnecessary manual work
Salesforce adoption is a lengthy process. A company must pay extra precaution when it comes to Salesforce implementation. But if it does properly, it can create wonders and generate a greater ROI. We hope that this post proves helpful for all those business visionaries who are planning to hire Salesforce consulting services. For more help, you can connect with FEXLE Services, a Salesforce Gold consulting partner, who with its’ 13+ years of domain experience and expertise drive growth, sales, and higher Return on Investment to your business.